September 10, 2012

The first look!

So here it is. I waited for this so long. But when I finally when I was there, it was kind of surreal. Little butterflies, happy anxiety and lots of suspense. S came along too... the ignorant husband wasn't sure what ultrasound was going to be. But on my insistence, he decided not carry his 'you-go-along' rutt any further and accompanied me pretty patiently to the clinic. (I always feel that husbands give you a first-hand experience in dealing with kids :D)

In spite of knowing what to expect, I quite didn't know what was really coming. So by this time, which is 18 weeks through my pregnancy, the baby should start showing it's limbs. I knew that. But I didn;t know what it was going to do to me just to see them moving on the screen which the doctors matter of factly make you see. Frankly, for a long time, I couldn't understand what I was seeing. Then gradually it sunk in. And once it did, it was all I wanted to keep looking at. And like that excitement wasn't enough, the doctor also played twice the amplified versions of my baby's heart beats!!!!! That totally skipped my beat :)

Here's a first look of what I saw -



No comments:

Post a Comment