January 25, 2013

Almost there!

It's been almost 4 months since I updated this blog. When I started out, I'd thought I'd have so much to share with you guys that I'd be updating you on daily basis. But there actually was much more happening than I'd thought :D

And now when I look back, these 9 months have just swooooshed by! I used to think it would drag on forever; I mean, what does one do without a regular routine and new things happening every now and then? But I have been lucky. Medically, it's been a smooth ride. I haven't put on much weight, I travelled to my mother's place in the 34th week and so far it's been good. I'm now in my 38th week and my last sonography showed the baby in breech position. Also the placenta was mature and the growth of the baby stagnated. It only meant that we had to decide fast on the next steps when I shall have the baby in my arms. I sooooooooo can't wait. I'm ready :)

Personally, there has been tremondous growth. Realisations, learnings, frustrations, chaos, upsets, that feeling of 'doomed world' (which has nothing to do with 2012 ruckus, by the way!) and the 'eureka moments' - all took their turns and stayed with me till the time I'd dealt with them all. What a time it has been! The husband has been the proverbial pillar of strength. That man is a Buddha, I say - patient, compassionate and loving. Thank you S, for being the amazing driving force of my life. So spiritually, I'd be on 'the' path but one thing that I'm completely sure of is that my baby shall be the 'enlightened one'.

Past whole month has been a complete sleepless one. Just couldn't get enough sleep, neither at night nor during the day. Does that mean your's truly is prepared for all the sleepless nights to come? Sometimes I feel the whole 'baby won't let you have a wink' is over hyped. Maybe because I'm yet not there. But what would those of you with experience have to say? As for me, I've decided that I'll take each day as it comes.

It's finally sinking in that my days of getting pampered are over! No more fussing around me. I shall not be able to take undue advantage of the blotted tummy :D (Trust me, I did everything in my power to ensure that the baby bump got it's due. I loved the attention one gets - you can jump the queue, demand for a seat, ask for favours, throw a tantrum, get an impromptu back massage, have your cravings fulfilled in the middle of the night; all guilt-free!!

Oh, I have really loved being pregnant :D

No comments:

Post a Comment