February 9, 2013

When the stork's made their delivery!

Changed status. Super silly emotional rush (which I presume is a part of the new status). Elated and alive. The inside is now on the outside. And nothing beats this joy of having that part of you in your arms. No matter how many books you read or videos you see or moms you talk to, this is something so innately personal; so when it happens, you want to brag like you are the only one to have experienced it ever!

I was totally freaked out when the doctor announced that I'd have to undergo a C-section (as opposed to the dramatic labour I was keen on ;) Me being a complete hemophobic, I wanted to keep away from the scissors and sutures and any kind of mark to flaunt. With no choice on the sunday morning of Jan 27th, I almost had to be pushed into the OT! Am not getting into what happened inside that (I later was told that it was quite an entertainment for all those present in there)

< Cut >

I here a baby wailing. "Doctor, is that mine?" "Yes, you have a baby girl!! Feeling blissful beyond words, I take a slumbery look at that bundled beauty and happily go off to sleep for the next few hours. while the world admired and celebrated the lil one, I was in the heaven thanking Gods :)

< Cut >
I wake up in the evening to find my husband holding the baby in one hand and caressing me with the other. A sudden rush of emotions sprang up as I slowly recovered from the sedation. And when I finally held my girl in my arms, I had to make an extra effort to hold back my tears. I failed though. Happily. Proudly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment